Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart children check in issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JasonMayes
836 Views, 6 Replies

iPart children check in issue

It's not common but has happened enough for me to post the question (also posted on the Vault Forum). We have an iPart created, generate all the children, confirmed that the children have been created, and start the check in process. On the check in box we normally see the parent and all the children and can check them all in together. Like I said a few time we have ran into an issue where only the parent is given the option to check in. We have checked the settings and confirmed the option to include children is checked. What we have done in the past to get the children in the Vault is place all of them into an assembly and vault that file thus pulling all the children with it. once in the Vault the check in assembly file is the deleted.  I have attached the most recent iPart that had this issue. Please give any suggestion that you think might be the cause or solution.

Thanks,

Jason Mayes

Deister Machine Co.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: JasonMayes

@JasonMayes

Its important that you share what version of Inventor you're using and what level of Vault and version you have.  Without that we can't determine what may be causing the issue if we don't have the same level as you do.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi Jason,

I took a look at the iPart factory file you attached. I cannot say there is anything wrong. I think it is more about where iPart factory and member files are stored than about the files themselves. Are they stored in separate libraries or they are in the same folder? Does the following article apply to you?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/EN...

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
JasonMayes
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

sorry,

Inventor Pro 2018 64-Bit Build 227, release 2018.2.3

Vault Pro 2018

Message 5 of 7
JasonMayes
in reply to: johnsonshiue

iPart.JPG

Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi Jason,

Something is wrong with the folder name. The folder storing iPart/iAssembly member files should have the same name as iPart/iAssembly factory. If they are different, Inventor would not be able to locate them properly. The link between iPart factory and iPart members will be broken.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
SER4

I am still unable to check in member files at the same time as checking in the factory file.

Step #6 in the following article is not applying to me correctly:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN...

And we cannot check in the members directly from the Vault--we have to check in from Inventor.

2023.2 Pro's.

P.Eng. Mechanical Engineer
Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2025.1 (30.1.63.0); Inventor Pro 2025.1.1 (241).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report