Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work/reference point at the intersection of a 2d sketch entity passing through a plane

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
staff7NWEE
271 Views, 3 Replies

Work/reference point at the intersection of a 2d sketch entity passing through a plane

Hello,

I am trying to create a workpoint or reference point where a line from one sketch passes through a work plane.  For instance If I sketch a spline on the XZ plane that I would like to use as a coincident point for a profile, and then create an offset plane from the YZ plane a distance away so that I can create a lofting profile between the first and last profile in the lofting chain, but want to be sure the intermediate profile is coincident with the rails that pass through it.

For a better example, in fusion360 I can select the intersect command and select 2d sketch entities from non parallel planes and it will create work points where the entity passes through the current work plane (if it does).  I can then draw on the current workplane and attach my geometries to the work points that were created by the intersecting lines so that I may loft multiple planes together and be certain that the rails and profiles are coincident through out.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: staff7NWEE

Hi

1. Create new work point
  2. select the spline
  3. select the plane
    You will get the intersection point between spline and plane

ccarreiras_0-1671726199717.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
andrewiv

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you are trying to do but if you want to create a work point that is at the intersection of a plane and a sketched line all you have to do is click on Point in the Work Features panel and then select the line and the plane.  

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 4 of 4
staff7NWEE

That did it, thanks guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report