Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Sweep/Loft question

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
michael_wade5DQPP
235 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor Sweep/Loft question

Hi Guys!  My name is Michael and I and working on this model of a stair case but I am having some trouble.  I have a picture of what I have and what the issue is.  I want a 3D curved wall but with it all at 90 degrees straight up and down.  I also tried doing a loft but that didn't work either, and I messed around with the behaviors for a sweep and nothing else worked.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?Screenshot 2024-05-29 104149.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi, try drawing the outline and then use 'ruled surface' on the surface panel to get them all in a specific direction. 

Then you can thicken it. 

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 3 of 8

You can't just expect the tool to give the result you want with minimal inputs.

You need to create more references to help the tool understand your goal: guide rails, surfaces, etc.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 8

Thank you for that!  That really helped.  

Message 5 of 8

Thank you so much!  This way worked even better than I hoping for!  It came out exactly like I wanted it to, and before that I didn't think that I would be able to get the flatter area where the two bents meet, and this did it all by itself!  Again, thank you!  Here is what it looks like now!  I will be sure to share the finished product of the stair case with you when I am finished!

Screenshot 2024-05-29 123303.png

Message 6 of 8

@michael_wade5DQPP wrote:

Thank you so much!  This way worked even better than I hoping for!  It came out exactly like I wanted it to, and before that I didn't think that I would be able to get the flatter area where the two bents meet, and this did it all by itself!  Again, thank you!  Here is what it looks like now!  I will be sure to share the finished product of the stair case with you when I am finished!

Screenshot 2024-05-29 123303.png

Looking at your final product here, why not just do it as an extrusion?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

An extrusion would have been a lot more complicated because it goes up at an angle and then curves and flattens.  Same thing for the the other bend just inverted.

Message 8 of 8

Well... as an alternative... one minute job using simple tools... 

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report