Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor PunchTool Dialogue not seeing .ide files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cclayton15
141 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor PunchTool Dialogue not seeing .ide files

When I go to use a PunchTool, the dialogue box doesn't show the available .ide punches, even though they exist in the directory where it is looking.

We use a program that syncs Microsoft OneDrive files and maps them as a network drive on our PC's. I believe this file sync is causing the issue but not 100% sure.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and found a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: cclayton15

Hi! Inventor punch ide file is also version specific. Is it possible it was created from a newer Inventor release, while you are on an older release? If you copy the folder and place it locally, does it work better?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
cclayton15
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you for your response.

The ide was created in the same version of Inventor that I'm currently using.

If I copy the folder and place it locally in my Downloads folder (outside of Sharepoint) Inventor can see the .ide files and I can use the punch tools as expected.

Thanks,

Craig.

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: cclayton15

Hi! I guess this is a Windows User profile issue. Somehow Inventor.exe is blocked from accessing the folder. Try running Inventor as Admin (right-click on Inventor desktop icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Administrator").

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
cclayton15
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

When I check the "Run as Administrator" and open Inventor, it has no access to the Sharepoint drive at all. I can't even open files which I could when running not as administrator.

As a workaround, I've decided to save my Punch Catalogue folder in a location outside of SharePoint for the time being.

Thanks,

Craig.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report