Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor project wizard

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gregabel3382
760 Views, 1 Reply

inventor project wizard

how do i delete a library from the all projects list while using the inventor project wizard.

we do not use electrical, and wish for it to be gone.

thanks in advance

project wizard inventor 2018.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: gregabel3382

You cannot use the Inventor Project Wizard to modify existing project files, it is only used to create new ones.  You can browse to the folder where your project files are saved, normally you top level workspace folder, make sure each one is not "read only" and then right click on each one,  select "Edit" from context menu.  You can then right click on the library you wish to remove and choose delete from the context menu.

Project File Edit.jpg

I am curious why you have so many project files?  Multiple project files have a big disadvantage since they cannot see the resources for all the rest.  You could use the "Included File=" option but this is cumbersome and hard to maintain.  The general rule is to have only one Inventor project file and add project folders below this project folder.  This way Inventor can use parts from all projects without resolve problems.  This method is generally not used if parts are "dedicated" to one job and cannot be use on another but normally this is not the case.

One Project File.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report