Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: corner creation failed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
412 Views, 2 Replies

Re: corner creation failed

Hi Guys,

I have problem with creating corner relief (inventor 2018), I get the error messages below. Please help!?.

I am pretty new to inventor sheet metal so I'm really not understanding the problem.

sheet metal file attached.

Sheet Metal: Corner Creation failed.
Frame.ipt: Errors occurred during update
Corner1: Could not build this Corner
The attempted Sculpt operation would remove all material. Try modifying inputs to create a non-empty solid.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there a logical reason you are Folding up a flat rather than modeling in finished form?

I did a bunch of measurements and could not find a single one that makes logical sense and can actually be measured out on the shop floor or in the best inspection lab?

Edit:  On second inspection I see interferences of geometry in both the folded model and in the flat pattern?

I recommend tossing this one and use it only as reference in modeling in finished form with dimensions as it will go into the assembly.  Inventor will return the Flat Pattern for you.

Edit 2:  I also recommend that you install the Updates for your version of Inventor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Could you be more specific on which exact corner you encountered issues?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report