Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor pipes and tubes

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
roversimone.uk
709 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor pipes and tubes

Hello everyone,

I have been doing a project for work, a little boiler room.

We use mapress stainless steel pipework. My question is: when I need to set up pipe styles I cannot find the right one that works for me.

Any advise? And how do I chose the correct types of fitting in relation to the pipework type?

Many thanks

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CGBenner
in reply to: roversimone.uk

@roversimone.uk 

Hello and welcome!

In the Content Center there are hundreds, or maybe even thousands of pipes and fittings available,... but it may not include the ones you need for your design.  I saw this all of the time when I was doing pipe design.  Very often you may need to create your own pipe and fitting libraries by modeling iParts and then Authoring and Publishing them to the Content Center for use with Tube & Pipe.  Often, you may be able to download fittings from sites on the internet, or from the manufacturer's website.  These too, would then need to be authored and published.  Does this help?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 9
roversimone.uk
in reply to: CGBenner

Hi, yes thank you.

What about pumps, valves, ball lever valves and the other equipment? Do you know where I can download them? That would be very usefull.

Thank you 

Simone

Message 4 of 9
CGBenner

@roversimone.uk 

@roversimone.uk wrote:

Hi, yes thank you.

What about pumps, valves, ball lever valves and the other equipment? Do you know where I can download them? That would be very usefull.

Thank you 

Simone

It really depends on who the manufaturer is.  There are quite a few who do have CAD models available, but just as many who do not.  Most will at least have dimensional catalog drawings... they're not great but you can use them to create amodel on your own that is at least dimensionally correct... even if it's not pretty.  I would use Google to search for the specific manufacturer whose products you will be using.

Do you know how to do the authoring and publishing?

Chris Benner

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Message 5 of 9
roversimone.uk

What do you mean for authoring and publishing? yes I think I can, but maybe you mean something else?

Message 6 of 9
CGBenner

@roversimone.uk 

Authoring and publishing are the steps that need to be done to prepare your fittings and equipment for use with tube & pipe.  This link is to a class I did at Autodesk University 2019 that explained a lot of the different methods.  When you get to that point, maybe this will help (if you need it).

Chris Benner

Message 7 of 9
roversimone.uk

Hi, I have been watching the video, the really first part is about creating a library in order to have access for everything I need.

Basically I have my assembly already done (please see attached) and all I need to do is just creating the pipework. What should I do from now on? Do I need that step? If so, I an not able to do it because my Inventor shows different things. I am not able to follow your instructions.

I really need all these fittings and so on,  but I cannot do anything you are showing.

let me know 

Thanks

Message 8 of 9

please delete my answer number 7, that was a mistake

Message 9 of 9
CGBenner

@roversimone.uk 

What you have created is an equipment layout.  Now you need to enter the Tube & Pipe environment and begin to create Routes and Runs.  Learning Tube & Pipe is going to take some practice, there is a lot to know.  I am going to share some more resources for you to help you getting started.

First, here is a list of some YouTube videos about using tube & pipe.  Maybe seeing some deomnstrations will help you out.

And this link is to a post in these forums from a few years ago, with a lot of good resource links for getting started.

Chris Benner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report