Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor idw dwg image link error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jnewon
1094 Views, 6 Replies

inventor idw dwg image link error

Hi all.

I'm having some trouble importing some inventor drawing files that have an old linked title block image into vault. I thought I fixed these  errors by removing the links and title blocks out of the drawing resources folder. The files open normally without error in inventor. No links (tools|links) shown. However when I use autoloader the error persists. I open the file in Design Assistant it shows the unresolved image link but unable to repair or remove link in design assistant.

Any thoughts on how I can fix.

Thanks

-john   

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: jnewon

Can you share a screenshot ?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jnewon
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thanks for the reply. Below is a shot of inventor file with title block image removed and no links. Below is a shot of the Design assistant showing the unresolved image. Please let me know if there is anything else I could provide.

imageLink1.pngimageLink2.png

Message 4 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@jnewon

When I see cases like this, the solution to the problem..  Copy the existing Inventor drawing file information over to a new drawing.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7
jnewon
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the reply Mark.

I will certainly give it a shot.

-john

Message 6 of 7
jnewon

Mark. That did work. thank you. Do you know of any way to automate the process? I have several hundred to fix. I have a list I could pull from.

Maybe task scheduler....?

Open old drawing from list

open new drawing template

copy sheet from from old drawing

delete old drawing

save new drawing with same name as old drawing

-john

Message 7 of 7
jnewon

Interesting note.

As I gather the files that need to be fixed I noticed that they are all inventor dwg's. The idw's don't seem to have this link problem. And I fixed many many idw's as well. hmmmm..... 

So I did a little experiment. I opened the DWG's in AutoCAD. It immediately popped up with an unresolved xref error upon loading. I detached the image ref and saved. I reopened the file in design assistant and now the link has resolved itself to the image file in the project workspace. I do still have the image in the current workspace. The original image ref was to a drive location that has been long removed.

I reran Autoloader on these files and they came back without error.

I think fixing these files via AutoCAD will be less work and the original file can be saved. Don't know if this would fix every inventor dwg link problem. It seems to fix this one.

Thanks

-john

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report