Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor ANSYS Plug In Issues

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ross.bemben
4366 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor ANSYS Plug In Issues

I'm trying to figure out how to get the ANSYS add-in, into my Inventor 2017 ribbon.

These are the steps I have taken so far:

1) Open ANSYS CAD Configuration Manager

2) Once open, under the CAD Selection tab, select Inventor & sub option, Workbench Associative Interface

3) Navigate to CAD Configuration tab and select, Configure Selected CAD Interfaces

Once I finish step 3, I get:

Prerequisites ..... Configure Success

AI Workbench PlugIn .... Configure Success

Then I go back to Inventor, navigate to the tools tab, and open Add-Ins.

Under the Applications tab I still don't see any option for the ANSYS Plug-In.

I've also verified the files paths in the ANSYS CAD Configuration Manager, under Display Configuration Log File are valid.

Thank you in advance for your help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Lewis.Young
in reply to: ross.bemben

Hello,

I have a colleague that has ANYSYS installed on his machine, but unfortanetely he isn't in today. For now though you can try the steps outlined in this previous forum post: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/ansys-in-inventor/td-p/6742315

Lewis Young
Windows 7 x64 - 32GB Ram
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
nVidia Quadro M2000 - 4GB
Inventor Professional 2017.3
Vault Basic 2017
3ds Max 2018

Message 3 of 3
ross.bemben
in reply to: ross.bemben

I accidently solved this problem and now I have ANSYS 19.0 on my Inventor ribbon.

After I ran through the steps from my original post, I decided to continue without the ribbon and load the geometry from inventor into an ANSYS project.

When I opened the mesh editor in ANSYS I got a pop up window saying something along the lines that the ANSYS plug-in has been blocked and if I want to unblock it.

I selected to unblock the plug in.

After this, I went back to the Inventor Add-Ins and loaded ANSYS. It is under "Workbench 19.0".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report