Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSe Segment Error

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
thendricks321
1182 Views, 12 Replies

RSe Segment Error

I've copied the entire error message it will not open this part any longer. The part was opening fine until the last time i go to open the part and get this message. This is really go to cause a big problem in my assembly which this part file is a part of. I've tried restarting inventor, restarting computer, opening old versions and nothing has worked still get the error message.

Error in reading RSe segment - the number of objects found in the segment does not match the segment summary
Error loading segment PmAppSegment in database O:\SHOP ORDERS\10000-+\12964\CUSTOMER SUPPLIED INFO\1. CAD DATA\08-22-2018 CAD DATA\1\G7515010-6 HINGE COVER OUT 10WAY PWR ASM LH.ipt

2018-09-20_11-42-48.jpg

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

@thendricks321

These types of messages usually point to corruption in the file and most likely you'll not be able to recover it.  If the old version still has the same message its probably an indication to you to re-create the file.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 13

Hi! Indeed, this is likely a corruption case. Could you share the part file here? Do you have a backup that can still open?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 13

Johnson, I've attached the file and no there is no backup or old version that opens.

Message 5 of 13

Hi! I have 2019.1.2 update installed. I can open the file without a problem. Have you installed 2019.1.2 update?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 13

Johnson,

Yes I have it installed. That's weird you can open it everybody that's opened the file besides you has received the same error I'm getting. I sent the file to our Autodesk distributor and they received the same error when opening the file.

Do you think if you sent the file back to me it would work now? Maybe you would need to add something so you can save it.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Can't open here with 2019.1.2, same error as OP.
Message 8 of 13

Hi! Try this one for me. I just realize that I have an environment variable turned off to open the file in a debug mode. I have saved the file again and let's see if it opens on your end.

If you know the steps to reproduce the corruption, please let me know.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Opens now, no problem.
Message 10 of 13

Johnson,

Yes it worked! It this something I can do? If so how do I enter into debug mode?

Message 11 of 13

Hi! Unfortunately, the debug mode is for our internal testing purpose. I cannot share it with you. Do you have files in similar situation? Please feel free to send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I can take a look and see if they can be opened. If you could find the steps to reproduce the corruption, it would be extremely helpful to finding a fix.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 13
JBerns

@johnsonshiue,

I found this old post on corrupt Inventor files.

Do you still offer the service to attempt to recover corrupt Inventor files?

We were working on a design today. All was working well until late in the afternoon when Inventor crashed.

Both the original assembly and the backup in the OldVersions folder appear to have become corrupted.

This are the messages received when we attempt to open the assembly:

2021-09-02_23-17-40.png2021-09-02_23-18-11.png

Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 13 of 13
johnsonshiue
in reply to: JBerns

Hi Jerry @JBerns,

Absolutely. I can guarantee you as long as I work for the company, I am always at you and our users' service. But, I cannot promise a fix. Each issue is different and the way to resolve it may not be the same.

Please feel free to send me the files (zip) directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I will take a look and get back to you with my findings.

Have a nice Labor Day weekend!

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report