Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2022 Nesting - Pulls in Wrong Units

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
669 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2022 Nesting - Pulls in Wrong Units

I upgraded from Inventor Professional 2020 to Inventor Professional 2022. The 2022 Nesting feature pulls in all my units as mm even though the parts are made it inches. This does not happen to a coworker who is still using Inventor 2020. Where does Inventor Nesting 2022 pull in the units from source files? How can I get my units pulled in as inches? I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall both Inventor Professional 2022 and Inventor Nesting 2022. I am using Windows 10

trevortietgen_0-1629146977707.pngtrevortietgen_1-1629146988476.png

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AmyLiu
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

thanks for the feedback, I tried the scenario, invoke Sources command, then add source(a file with unit inch), then the Unit shows as mm with "From source document" rule. could reproduce the problem.  logged ticket TRUNINV-2305 to track.

and although this happens, the translated source shape size has no problem. when new nest file, choose inch template, then add sources, the shape could show with inch. hope it helps. 

AmyLiu_0-1629185441894.png

Amy Liu (cui.liu@autodesk.com)
Senior Software QA Engineer
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report