Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2019.2 Design Assistant Preview Pane Does Not Show Image

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
jletcher
868 Views, 24 Replies

Inventor 2019.2 Design Assistant Preview Pane Does Not Show Image

I have ask for this to be fixed in 2018 and here we are in 2019.2

Can you please fix the preview window it Design Assistant.

Preview DA.JPG

I hope this can be done within days not years.

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: Inventor 2019.2 and still not fixed

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
jhackney1972
in reply to: jletcher

The Preview is not broken.  The only thing wrong is the your file thumbnail is not up-to-date.  Making sure you have your part iProperties -> Save set to create a thumbnail, and you make the file dirty, then save to create a new thumbnail.  Then you will see the Preview in the Design Assistant.

No Thumbnail.jpgFixed Thumbnail.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 25
jletcher
in reply to: jhackney1972

I don't mean to be rude but this is not my 1st day with Inventor.

Been there done that, still not working posted here.

Thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 25
jletcher
in reply to: jhackney1972

I will add one other thing I did notice it is 95% happening with migrated files.

Message 5 of 25
johnsonshiue

Hi James,

If I understood the issue correctly, this is about the thumbnail preview in Design Assistant, right? The behavior does not look right to me. I will work with the project team to understand it better.

You mentioned that you raised the issue in 2018 before. Do you mind showing a link to the thread or support case or defect ID?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 25
jletcher
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes the one under manage at the lower left, I get a thumbnail under the preview section of DA.

I tried forcing new thumbnail but no luck, 2019 files are not effected only 2012  seem to be, at times rebuild then re-capture thumbnail works sometimes it don't.

Client should not have to spend time doing rebuilds and re-capture on legacy parts and this does not work all the time. I have not figured out why some parts it works and others not.

I don't have the time to look what thread I ranted about it in.

Message 7 of 25
kelly.young

Hello @jletcher I typed in Design Assistant and filtered by your username and found it very quickly in case you were wondering how to do so.

Search.png

2018 update 2018.2.3 issues

Moving forward, if you could please name the titles of your posts to something that actually describes the issue accurately so that it can found easily by others experiencing similar behaviors that would be appreciated.

I will work with the development team to see if we can replicate the behavior and determine a cause.

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 8 of 25
jletcher
in reply to: kelly.young

No I knew I could do that but @johnsonshiue could have done that as well.

Seeing it was not fixed I was not going to waste time on finding it seeing Autodesk did not think it was worth their time fixing it.

Sorry if I come off wrong just sick of the changes to the interface while issues don't get addressed and fixed.

Message 9 of 25
jletcher

@johnsonshiue

Still having issues with this, now with 2019.2 files just made.

Yes the rebuild works but not going to tell client every part has to be rebuilt even the new ones made in 2019.

Message 10 of 25
kelly.young

Hello @jletcher I have reported the issue and created INVGEN-23536

I will follow the progress and if I receive any updates I will do my best to report them back here. 

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 11 of 25
johnsonshiue

Hi James,

I will need to check with the project team. I am not sure if we have changed the behavior in 2019. I will get back to you with my findings.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 25

Hi,

I installed Inventor 2019 few day ago. This issue is still present. Do you working on it or not? By the way, I'm coming from Inventor 2013 and there is big gap between them, in bad.

Message 13 of 25

Hi Damjan,

I just checked the status of INVGEN 23536. The defect is marked as fixed internally. The fix will be available on the coming 2019.4 update (some time in April).

Regarding the trouble you are having with 2019 compared to 2013, do you mind elaborating them?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 14 of 25

Hi,

I must to say that I'm pretty new in Inventor 2019. I have long period
as satisfy user of Inventor 2013.

1.First and very disturbing is measuring of loop length. All measuring
now looks fancy, but old way was much more determinate. You could leave
old way as option.

2. I cant use my old program as is Inventor Quantity Tool. When it
starts to put Custom value in iPropertis, Inventor crash.Report was send
to you and could be send again.

This is now for start. If I will find more I will let you know.

Message 15 of 25

Hi! Many thanks for replying! I personally try to avoid reusing one thread to discuss other issues. Let me reply to your points. If you have further points, please start a new thread.

1) Measure command was changed in 2018 based on numerous feedback to improvement. It combines all the measure types and provide more detail information displayed in a panel. To measure loop, you will need to right-click on a curve -> Select Other  -> select the loop. It is no longer a separate command. If you import AutoCAD dwg files with a lot of lines and loops, you may encounter a lag, since loop measuring is always enabled (there is a registry key to disable it on 2019.2).

2) What is Inventor Quantity Tool? Is it a custom add-in? Should it work with 2019? Did you send me an email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com) after you submit the crash report?

Thanks again!

Software Test Engineer
Message 16 of 25
IgorMir

Christ Almighty, Johnson!!! I have been raising this very issue for more than a year by now! I was providing you with all the information relevant to the issue, including some screen casts! And you are acting here as though you have never heard about it before!? What's going on???

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi James,

If I understood the issue correctly, this is about the thumbnail preview in Design Assistant, right? The behavior does not look right to me. I will work with the project team to understand it better.

You mentioned that you raised the issue in 2018 before. Do you mind showing a link to the thread or support case or defect ID?

Many thanks!

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 17 of 25
johnsonshiue
in reply to: IgorMir

Hi Igor,

I am sorry you must have overestimated my memory capacity. I review 60 threads (and more comments) everyday including weekends and holidays. I cannot possibly make connection of every related issue and keep track of everything. I do need some reminders and hints. If I fail your expectation, I am sorry it is not intended. I will do better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 18 of 25
IgorMir

Hi Johnson;

I understand that you are under the pressure. And I always appreciate your input to this forum. But we had discussed the topic of Thumbnail preview only three weeks ago! Here is a link to the discussion. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/multi-body-part/m-p/8564955#M730802

Best Regards,

Igor.

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi Igor,

I am sorry you must have overestimated my memory capacity. I review 60 threads (and more comments) everyday including weekends and holidays. I cannot possibly make connection of every related issue and keep track of everything. I do need some reminders and hints. If I fail your expectation, I am sorry it is not intended. I will do better.

Many thanks!

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 19 of 25
johnsonshiue
in reply to: IgorMir

Hi Igor,

I do remember the discussion with you about the thumbnail image orientation issue. I have read this thread and that thread repeatedly.But, I cannot make any connection between the two. The two issues are completely different. If there was a fix, it would be in different places. The fix to INVGEN-23536 would not change the behavior in thumbnail orientation. Also, please share the prior threads showing that you raised the thumbnail orientation issue more than a year ago. I really do not remember it, possibly due to my limited memory.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 20 of 25

Hi Johnson,

The Inventor Quantity Tool is custom add-in, which can be find in your
store
(https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=6538586607773659444&appLang=en&os=Win64).

The problem is that sometimes its work and sometimes not. I can`t figure
out what is the cause. When I will have crash, i will send it on e-mail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report