Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D mouse works better with inventor inactive...??

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
royjohansen
316 Views, 4 Replies

3D mouse works better with inventor inactive...??

I'm having this weird issue; I'm using a 3D Connexion Space Explorer, and have been doing so for quite some years, but now, all of a sudden it hardly moves the model at all in Inventor. But if I Alt+Tab to another application, like i.e. Outlook on my other screen, and THEN tries to use the 3D mouse the model spins and tilts as eagerly as ever...
I'm gettin a bit tired of constantly activating another window every time I want to move my model... Any Tips??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: royjohansen

Try Calibrating via the Task Manager.

calibrate.PNG

Make sure you have the right driver.....

Maybe uninstall it and reinstall the software for it. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
royjohansen
in reply to: mdavis22569

It seems that although I've been using the "check for updates" function in 3D Connexions software they at some point long ago quit updating old software and just launched a new one, without telling me. So now, with som hazzle, I've gotten rid of the old version and installed the new, and my model spins silky smooth 😄 

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: royjohansen

Hi! Guys,

If you are on 2019, you want to install 2019.3 update, which has a fix particularly for 3D Connexion devices. There was a subtle bug causing the view port to move slightly off-centered. It has been fixed on 2019.3 update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
royjohansen
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I've been on 2019.3 since 12th November it seems 😉 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report