Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2018 Add-Ins ribbon disappears since adding iPropWiz 6

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
620 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2018 Add-Ins ribbon disappears since adding iPropWiz 6

I recently upgraded from Inventor 2016 to 2018. I reinstalled iPropWiz 6 (which I had working on 2016, no problems) and it sort-of worked for the first instance. The window appeared, but wasn't big enough and I couldn't resize it. I tried restarting Inventor, but this killed it.

Since then I've always had the same thing: Add-Ins ribbion completely blank. I tried repairing the iPropWiz install, to no avail. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like now. I have no idea how to fix it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MSD_takaseh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello jason.adamson,

iPropWiz6 seems to be unsupported in Inventor 2018 unfortunately according to the APP Store.

It would be better that you would ask to "sales@c3mcad.com" but please try followings just in case.
*Right click on the ribbon > Reset Ribbon
*Tools > Add-Ins > iPropWiz > Loaded/Unloaded and Load Automatically
*Right click on the ribbon > Show Panel > iPropWiz

Thanks.

Hitoshi Takase
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ah ha!

Re-installed iPropWiz. It's in my Add-In Manager again (Tools>Add-Ins). Needed to set "Load Automatically" again, so now I've got it coming back up.

Still can't resize the window. But what I can do is dock it in the window, then make it wider. To dock it you need to grab the light-grey tab, not the dark grey bar at the top, then move it to the side of the window. Widening the window reveals the properties editor.

Seems odd I can't resize the window, or drag it by the dark-grey bit...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report