Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inch unit symbol in Content Center differs: Issue CC using the apostrophe instead of quotation marks

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
A.Acheson
330 Views, 6 Replies

Inch unit symbol in Content Center differs: Issue CC using the apostrophe instead of quotation marks

Hi All,

Strange issue with rolling up of descriptions in BOM. It appears Inventor is changing characters from  quotation mark to apostrophe's.  As a result a custom part description does not match a description generated by expression column in content center.  Any way to over come this, besides manually typing in the mark into the description field which works?  Is this a coding bug on the string creation? Using INV 2020.4.2

Here is a post describing also this issue.

Below is the descriptions pasted into Notepad. 

AAcheson_1-1647647280122.png

AAcheson_2-1647647316162.png

AAcheson_3-1647647536209.pngAAcheson_4-1647647563911.png

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: A.Acheson

Hi Alan,

This does look like a bug to me. I am not aware of the issue. I will work with the project team to understand it better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
A.Acheson
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I may have spoken to soon. It was my own error. I had used two x single quotes/apostrophe in a previous forumula trying to emulate the double quote and had overidden the forumula with these values. 

When concatenated words in the expression,you need to double the qty of double quotes to get the required string. So for the string text of 10" the expression is "10"& ""

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 4 of 7
blandb

You could also use the ALT + 0148 in there as well.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 7
blandb
in reply to: blandb

I have had an issue similar to yours where I was doing" "HHCS, "&{THREADDESC}&" X "&{FRACTIONAL_LENGTH}&"" long, ZP"

This is giving the correct readout when I place from content center, but if you ever need to refresh the content center items, then the inch marks are removed. Which I don't recall happening in previous versions.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

Brad's issue was reported as INVGEN-59905. At the moment, it is still not fixed.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
shaight

I am having a similar issue with multiple families. We just upgraded from Inventor 2020 to Inventor 2023.2.

Here is the expression: {ND}&"" "PIPE," "S/&{SN}&," "&{MATERIAL}

Previous results in 2020: 8" PIPE, S/80, COLD DRAWN, A106B

New results in 2023.2: 8 PIPE, "S/80, COLD DRAWN, A106B

shaight_0-1668712992659.png

Another example:

Here is the expression: {STUD_OD}&"" "x" "&{STUD_LENGTH}&"" "STUD," "&{MATERIAL}&," "&{COATING}&," "W/" "(2)" "A194-2H" "NUTS

Previous results in 2020: 1.125" x 9.5" STUD, A193-B7, TEFLON COATED, W/ (2) A194-2H NUTS

New results in 2023.2: 1.125" "x" 9.5" "STUD," A193-B7, TEFLON COATED, W/ (2) A194-2H NUTS

shaight_1-1668713283731.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report