Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Window Has Two Title Bars, Unable to Save Files or Click Buttons

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Matthew_Policelli
192 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Window Has Two Title Bars, Unable to Save Files or Click Buttons

Matthew_Policelli_0-1666192668100.png

This seems to have happened due to some kind of interaction with the QuickViews Add-In, but this has never happened to me until yesterday. All of a sudden, I have two title bars/window borders, and none of the buttons or hotkeys work.

Any ideas why this is happening, and how I can get Inventor working again without having to close out and restart? I can't save (even with hotkeys), and so I have no way of preserving unsaved work.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Matthew,

It seems to be Quick View related. If the Add-In is unloaded, does the problem go away? Maybe you want to try the followings and see if it helps.

1) Go to Windows Display Settings and select the recommended scale and resolution.

2) Right-click on Inventor desktop icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change High DPI settings -> check both boxes.

3) Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment variables -> create "QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR” and set it to 0.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3

I only did the first two things you suggested, but I haven't had this happen since so I believe that fixed it. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report