Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic? Feature Patterns? iCopy? Not sure which method...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
HogueOne
57 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic? Feature Patterns? iCopy? Not sure which method...

Hey there. Thanks for stopping by.

I've been tasked with creating a template iCopy assembly consisting of frame generated parts around the triangular perimeter. In addition, stiffener cross members will be installed along the longest side, and terminating inside the perimeter. I have a basic understanding of how to use iLogic to detect the longest side, and suppress points on the other sides, but its really unsophisticated, as you can see. It should be noted that drawing below doesn't reflect the parametric data (that's from a 4 sided project I'm working on) - it's just representational.

The challenge is: If the triangle changes in size and shape, the stiffeners will have to change which side they miter to. Is it possible to automate this process, say, by trying to detect the next face by collision? The other problem is that the way this pattern is set up it actually adds and removes occurrences, which won't make frame generator happy. I also can't just feature pattern on the points because the lengths will be different. Am I just trying to attempt the impossible?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 092614.png

Screenshot 2024-06-28 093259.png

Screenshot 2024-06-28 093437.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blandb
in reply to: HogueOne

Can you share an example of end result of what you are trying to do?

Are these members always the same size? Do they change profile size such as C8 to C6, or W8 to W14? Do they change in profile as in (W, C, L, I, etc)?

Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report