Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify the vertex in a 'Round - Vertex' or 'Square - Vertex' sheet metal

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JBerns
770 Views, 2 Replies

How to specify the vertex in a 'Round - Vertex' or 'Square - Vertex' sheet metal

Inventor 2017 introduced new corner reliefs which include Round (Vertex) and Square (Vertex).

How do you specify or control the vertex? I do not see any difference between a corner relief that uses Intersection versus Vertex.

Regards,

Jerry 

INV2017 - Corner Reliefs.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DWhiteley
in reply to: JBerns

I agree. It seems as though this does not work. I cannot select a vertex.

Message 3 of 3
JBerns
in reply to: DWhiteley

Dave,

I discovered that the vertex is not selected; it is calculated by Inventor. When the Relief Size is reduced, you will begin to notice a difference between the options.

Vertex - will keep the legacy behavior of the Relief Placement. It will first place the circle or square at the intersection of the bend lines. As the Corner Relief size is reduced, the center of the Relief Shape (circle or square) will move until the outside of the relief shape touches the vertex of the bend.
As shown in the image, notice how the relief shape position changes as the Relief Size is reduced.

Issue 17 - Inventor Sheet Metal - Image 04A.png 

Intersection - This legacy setting will ground the circle or square (relief shape) so that the center will always be at the intersection of the bend lines.

Tangent - This setting places an arc that is tangent to the outside edge of the sheet metal part.

I hope this has been helpful.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report