Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract I-feature from model

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
bradeneuropeArthur
869 Views, 13 Replies

How to extract I-feature from model

I have a model from another company with a sheetmetal punch in it.

I dont have the feature selves.

How can I create a feature out of it or how can I get the feature from it.

Is there something available for that

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

@bradeneuropeArthur 

On the Manage tab, under Author... use Extract iFeature tool. 

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 14

Hi @CGBenner 

Since it is already used in the model it is already a feature.

But I don't have the mother-file the basis!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 4 of 14

@bradeneuropeArthur 

If you extract the ifeature, you can save it to your Feature catalog for future use.

Chris Benner

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Message 5 of 14

I cannot extract the i-feature.

It is only possible when it is not an I-feature.

bradeneuropeArthur_0-1609861404615.png

this is in the model tree.

I want to have it as punch tool again, but how?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 6 of 14

@bradeneuropeArthur 

What happens when you try to use the Extract tool?

Chris Benner

Message 7 of 14

only the sketches are in then and not the volume!

it is a cut and than adds material like a normal puch.

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 8 of 14

I presume that you can't do nothing but redo again all the features, then extract them.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 9 of 14

is that really true, since it is very complex to re-produce!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 10 of 14

@bradeneuropeArthur 

Can you share the part file here?

Chris Benner

Message 11 of 14

Here it is

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 12 of 14

From my point of view, I confirm, you can't.

You are looking fot "Crossbreak Punch Tool.ide" that is not present in your machine

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 13 of 14

@admaiora  Correct!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 14 of 14

@bradeneuropeArthur 

Looking at the file, I would agree with @admaiora 

This does not seem possible.

Chris Benner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report