Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change view cube orientations in design review 2013.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1091 Views, 7 Replies

How to change view cube orientations in design review 2013.

Hello,

I want to change the view cube orientation in design review 2013. when I created dwf file from inventor the views are messed up in design review. top view became front view and vice versa. Is there a way I can change the views the way I want in design review?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
melvin.valverde.delgado
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi hpatel

I undestand the issue you are having with the design review 2013; here are some suggestion to troubleshoot this issue.

DWG files exported as 3D DWF are not displaying correctly in Design Review (this also works in Inventor)

Additionally be sure the option "Enable Background updates" is checked.

User-added image

Also, you can right click the viewcube on Inventor and define the Front ot Top View;

Viewcube.png

I hope this information helps you.

Melvin Valverde
Autodesk Technical Support
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Melvin,

Tahnks for suggestion but it doesnt work. it doesnt matter what view you save as top or front in inventor. my file in inventor has z-axis as vertical but when i convert the same file to dwf, y - axis becomes vertical in dwf. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Is there a solution for hpatel question? I have the same problem.
Message 5 of 8
shaun

I too have the same issue, any fixes?

Message 6 of 8
blair
in reply to: shaun

The View is just that, you would need to use the "Move Body" command to rotate the model to the correct (X,Y,Z) it its a part (IPT) file. If it's an assembly IAM) file, you would need to unground and re-constrain to the designed orientation.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
shaun
in reply to: blair

Thanks,

I'm happy with the view and orientation in Inventor I was just trying to soothe my OCD by getting the view cube in Autodesk Design Review to be the same as Inventor, but that's making me think I'm probably in the wrong forum, perhaps I should head over to the design review forum and see if there is any info there, thanks for taking a look though. 

Message 8 of 8
blair
in reply to: shaun

I believe that the Design Review only uses the UCS system.

And it's "CDO" as the characters are in their proper alphabetical order Smiley Very Happy

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report