Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2018 doesn't start

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1344 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2018 doesn't start

Hello Inventor Forum,

i got the 2018 student version of the inventor and everty time I try to start it shows me the following error message "The exeption "unknown error" (0x06d007e) has occured on the location 0x000000007512B872". The message is translated from german, so I don't know if the syntax is right, but I guess you can still grasp the meaning of it. I guess it is a problem with the system (I am using Windows 10). But since I have very little knowledge about programming I would like to hear if you guys have any experience with the same or a similar problem and how you solved it.

I am thankfull for any information I can get.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

See if this info from Mark helps you..

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/help-application-error-what-do-i-do/td-p/7225746

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hello mcgyvr,

thank you for your response.

I tried Marks advice. Unfortunaly it didn't work. It just shows the same error message, that is shown when I do it the regular way.

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The error could be system related. Have you tried Repair Install? Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> find Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 -> right-click -> Uninstall/Change -> Repair Install. Please report back with your findings.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

In addition to @johnsonshiue please check your Windows Event logs around the time this message appeared.   Is there any errors or warnings about it?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hey Guys,

thank you for your responses. It appears as if Inventor wasn't installed properly. I will try to reinstall it and see if it works.

I am gonna close this thread now.

As said before thank you all for your help.

Pekas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report