Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change style/standard for drawing VIEW (i.e. view line types)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
677 Views, 3 Replies

How to change style/standard for drawing VIEW (i.e. view line types)

Ok, I'm working with Inventor Release 10.  Yes it is old.  It is what I have.

I have created my own drawing standard and associated styles.  I have imported them into an old drawing that I want to update to my new standard.  I have set the active standard to the new standard.  I have no problem selecting annotations and changing their style to my new standard.  However, I don't see how to change all the linetypes in a drawing view to my new standard.

When I select a line in an existing view, it will display something like "By Standard (Visible(ISO))" in the Layer dropdown box.  That is referencing the original standard that the view was created with, not my new standard.

My newly defined linetypes appear in the Layer dropdown, and I can select individual lines in a view and change them.  Doing that would be extreemely tedious for the drawing set.  How do I update an existing view to use my new standard for layer linetypes?

[ I note that newly created views will take on my new standard, but I really don't want to have to re-create and redimension all the views in this drawing set.  And what happens then if I want to change my standard later...? ]

- Joe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
solson
in reply to: Anonymous

Joe,

One thing you could try is changing the Object Defaults for the visible objects to layers from your new Standard.  You could also create a New Set of Object Defaults, and switch your Standard to the new Object Defaults.

Steve

Steve Olson
Manager, Training Services
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/profile/O37DF451BDD2485B
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgQTCawsuRFJVSHRXIwLdtg
Message 3 of 4
mattbates77
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there a solution to this? I am trying to do the same thing in Inventor 2016.

I have placed a new view into the drawing. This view will update when I toggle between object defaults.

All the views that had been placed previously do not update.

Message 4 of 4
mattbates77
in reply to: mattbates77

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report