Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish iAssembly on Content Center?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2385 Views, 9 Replies

How to publish iAssembly on Content Center?

Hi, I've created iAssembly (.iam) on inventor. I want to publish it on content center now. There are possibilities for iParts (.ipt) publish into Content Center on Under Manage Tab. Please advise me how to publish .iam (iAssembly) file on content center?

iAssembly.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Marco.Takx
in reply to: Anonymous

iAssemblies are not allowed to publish into the content center.

The only thing you can do is to create a multibody iPart and publish that to the Content Center.

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Marco.Takx

If its possible to publish somewere else that's fine, I could import from there. I wanna publish iAssemblies on inventor. Ive understood about iAssembly functions, But my case is i wanna publish it. Please give me an idea/Tips for if i use any other 3rd party tools? .Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

There's no way of publising an iAssembly member and no 3rd party tool to do that for you.   So what is the requirement for you that you need to publish an iAssembly for?  That way we can give you advice on what to do next.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the reply. My requirement is i wanna make content center part familes on dev server with two or more than different parts (.ipt) on Autodesk product, Like Inventor/CAD. It would be an different materials and features of iparts, So pls advise me how to approach on my projects? Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

Well as we indicated that is not possible.  Content Center is only designed for parts.  Just make your iAssembly with the required parts/material configuration.   Then in the iAssembly table in your model, right mouse click on a member and select generate member.  Then you can select the generate members to place in other assemblies.   There's nothing else you can do except create a normal assembly and use iLogic to swtich the components.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 10

I just re-read your posting...

It would be an different materials and features of iparts, So pls advise me how to approach on my projects? --> So are you now talking about creating just a single part and then have different material for it?  Or are you still referring to your assembly that would have similar parts with different materials.

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

It's both are different material and feature (.ipt), Then i'll make/use it on Assemly. In assy condition i need provide different size ranges for PartFamily Members. Smiley Happy Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

So make an iPart with the different features and materials.   Then place the ipart in your assembly and then make an iAssembly from there.  Then config your iAssembly table with the different iPart members.

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Hi, I've tried that way of creating iAssy. When i placing iPart on assembly it's asking single size(Single material), So i could insert an more than one material on iAssy then i can create iAssy table with using different types of material ranges, Thats fine. But it not able to publish on the content center as iPart as Mark. Lancaster and Marco. Takx said, So i like to close my question and I would like to discuss to add this option in future for any Autodesk Product, Because i am using iAssy with defferent material on my project and i wanna publish them as well. Thanks. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report