Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add shortcuts to file open dialog?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
DSantos23
858 Views, 8 Replies

How to add shortcuts to file open dialog?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone knows how to add shortcuts to this dialog? 

shortcut.png

Thanks!

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Use Frequently Used Subfolders in the project *.ipj file.

bradeneuropeArthur_0-1621863457342.png

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 9

Hi @DSantos23 

Just to expand on the previous post in case it wasn't clear, if you edit your Project file (*.ipj) you can add shortcuts using the "Frequently Used Subfolders" node, here is more detailed information and an image of where to locate the Frequently Used Subfolders.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Refine your Project | Inventor | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Curtis_W_0-1621864074588.png

Message 4 of 9
DSantos23
in reply to: DSantos23

Unfortunately we won't be able to use this solution as our Project file is locked from changes in Vault and only enterprise admins can edit it. It makes sense, because particular shortcuts are a user preference and do not apply to everybody.

But I understand that your answer is a solution for my question.

Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 9

You can remove the readonly flag from the ipj project file.

Now you can edit it as you want!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 6 of 9

Hi Curtis!

Thoughts?

VT.png

Message 7 of 9

Project file is readonly!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 8 of 9

Well... The file itself it is not... I cleared the flag on the ipj file...

Is that something defined in the ipj creation then?

Message 9 of 9

Thanks a million Brad...

I figured I could use the Project Editor in the Autodesk Inventor folder in the Start Menu and add those entries... Thanks everyone for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report