Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I split the the bend curve formed between two 3D line into two curve segment ???-

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rachins.stha
538 Views, 5 Replies

How do I split the the bend curve formed between two 3D line into two curve segment ???-

I had drawn two 3D sketch lines. These lines are coincident at one end. I made a bend of a 100 mm radius by selecting two lines. Now I have to split the bent into two curve segments. I tried making planes1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG intersect the point in bend but split feature can't select the bend. Are there any options if it isn't possible? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: rachins.stha

Simplest method is to change the arc to construction, then sketch two new arcs over it.

Edit: Tell us what version of Inventor you're using, and post a file with such a sketch.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.1 | Windows 10 Home 1903
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
rachins.stha
in reply to: SBix26

Hello, 

Edit: I have been using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2021.

I am not sure that the Inventor let us snap the endpoints of the bend to construct the arc.  

Message 4 of 6
SBix26

Post an example if you can't figure it out.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.1 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Like Same mentioned here, please share the file. May I ask why you want to split the bend from the linear extensions? You may want to consider creating a 3D arc instead.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
rachins.stha
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi @SBix26 , @johnsonshiue 

Yes, I agree we could use 3D arc instead of bend but it is easier to make bend by just selecting two lines joining each other at one end and give arc radius. The reason behind why I want to split the bend is that I just want a static analysis of structure ( which has bend) using the line element (1D) in Autodesk Inventor Nastran. It requires the split of bend at the point where another cross member is joined. 

Finally, I did it by the 3D arc methods:

1. Delete the bend feature ( appears two lines joining at the point)

2. make the plane which includes two lines.

3. draw the perpendicular line from each line at the plane. Dimension the line equal to the radius of the bend. At the joining point of these two lines is the centre of the arc. 

4. make the arc by selecting a centre and points from which perpendicular lines are drawn. Then we can split the arch wherever we like.

Thanks!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report