Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i adjust the assembly central axis to 0 degree or 90 degree to set current view as front or top.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Bhavinpatel684
366 Views, 6 Replies

How can i adjust the assembly central axis to 0 degree or 90 degree to set current view as front or top.

Can anyone please help me how can i rotate or give any specific angle to my assembly to set the current view as front, I am having trouble doing it. Attached photo is my front view and i want axis of assembly parallel to  x axis.

Thank you in advance.

Bhavinpatel684_0-1696516301677.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ampster40
in reply to: Bhavinpatel684

You are stating this is the assembly view.  Start with examining how the part/s were modeled.  More than likely a sketch used to create the part/s may have been on a user created workplane that is at angle.

Message 3 of 7

My all part sketches are at correct angles, This attached photo is for main part rest of them are just fittings and small parts. I can rotate the assembly using free orbit and set it as preferred view but still it won't be a perfectly precise view.

Bhavinpatel684_0-1696517877132.png

Message 4 of 7

1. Try to use Reset Front 

Luis_Pacheco_3D_0-1696518871619.png

2. If this doesn´t work, use Look at to select a Plane and then Set current view As.

Message 5 of 7

1. Option I tried already it did not worked.

2. This one make much more sense to set the particular view as Front or Top. 

I really apricate your help ! @Luis_Pacheco_3D 

Message 6 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: Bhavinpatel684

No, no, no!  If your part is modeled aligned with the origin axes, then all that is needed in the assembly is to place it grounded at the origin-- right click while placing the component and select Place Grounded at Origin:

SBix26_0-1696700333329.png

There is also an option in Application Options > Assembly to make this the default behavior:

SBix26_0-1696701450768.png

If you have components already placed and constrained to each other, then you will want to align one of them to the assembly origin by constraining its origin planes to the assembly's origin planes.  Inventor has a tool that does that in one operation called Ground and Root, found in the Productivity Panel:

SBix26_1-1696700740717.png

You can use this tool, or do the constraining yourself.  It's important that at least one component of your assembly is nailed to the origin, i.e. has no degrees of freedom to move or rotate.  As you have discovered it's also important for you the user: nobody needs to spend time dealing with strangely oriented assemblies that produce unpredictable model views and drawing views!

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.1.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 7 of 7

Thank you @SBix26. Your detail explanation is really helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report