Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I can't extrude or use sweep. I've been stuck in this problem for HOURS and I am considering giving up

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
leonardo.fazan
462 Views, 6 Replies

Help! I can't extrude or use sweep. I've been stuck in this problem for HOURS and I am considering giving up

I just need to extrude a circular area along the y axis. But it seems impossible, I've tried to remake the whole project and try again but it didn't work. I wonder why Inventor makes a such simple process like that impossible to do, I watched at least 30 tutorials on YouTube and still couldn't do this basic thing. 

f8602773-c9fa-4d7d-ae75-13691b7b8079.jpg

  

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Like this?

Capture.JPG

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 7

You've made this far more complicated that it needs to be.

First you should probably do some tutorials because it looks like you are coming from a background that is not 3D  solid modelling. 

You don't need the 3D sketch, just use a 2D one. 

You don't need any of those boundary patches. 

Start again and model it simply. 

Expert Elite
Message 4 of 7

follow this

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/b78e6f5a-6c9d-4957-af69-34cf17c14491

Expert Elite
Message 5 of 7

Exactly like that! 

Message 6 of 7

You are right, it is my first time using solid modelling software, I used to do things on Sketchup, and that's probably why I am so confused. I tried again using only 2D sketches and defined forms and it worked, thank you very much!
Message 7 of 7

Hi Leonardo,

There are several ways to do this. The profile is a 3D sketch. You can use Ruled Surface (3rd option) to protrude it in a given direction. Then use Sculpt or Stitch to solidify the surfaces.

Or, you can thicken the Boundary Patch surface. Or, project the 3D sketch to 2D and then Extrude.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report