Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haas Mini Mill 2 Machine into Autodesk Inventor CAM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
krdavis2
199 Views, 1 Reply

Haas Mini Mill 2 Machine into Autodesk Inventor CAM

Hello all,

I have been trying to add the Haas Mini Mill 2 into my Autodesk Inventor CAM. My thought was to create a .machine file and drop it in the local folder, but I'm not too sure of the specs. I just can't find any forums that explain how to do this. I have seen people using Inventor CAM with the Haas Mini Mill 2 on YouTube, but no idea how.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: krdavis2

You do not need a machine configuration to use Inventor CAM at all.. And quite frankly I'm not sure its even out of "beta" at this point or does anything really. There is little to no documentation on it (maybe hidden in the beta forums)..  I'm not even sure the intended benefit of that either once they do get it more polished. I've done hundreds of CAM jobs on a HAAS VF2 without a machine config at all.. 

I'd recommend you just pretend that section isn't even there until Autodesk properly implements/documents that. 

All I see is this and its hardly sufficient to create a custom machine. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autodesk-hsm/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/H...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report