Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with closing parts, prompts Save to Vault EVERY time

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
harrisons22K9B
217 Views, 3 Replies

Issue with closing parts, prompts Save to Vault EVERY time

Hi, 
I recently upgraded to Inventor 2022, and am getting a little frustrated with the auto upload to Vault after saving a new part file.  (See picture for one style of pop up)

This is minor, but interrupts my workflow.  Is there a way to turn it off for parts?  I remember in 2019 it was set to only prompt for assembly files.  Would love to go back to that, or know how to disable the pop ups permanently (and use Vault buttons when needed.)

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: harrisons22K9B

@harrisons22K9B 

I'm not 100% certain, but this may be under the Vault tab on your Inventor Ribbon... Vault Options, Dialog Suppression.  Maybe try tweaking those settings?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: harrisons22K9B

2019 is a distant memory - but I'm 99% certain there's never been an option to suppress dialogues based on file type.  I'm leaving a 1% chance my memory has failed - or you had some other check-in function/customisation that suppressed it for parts only.

Dialogue suppression lets you pre-set all these options and then turn the check-in/out dialogue.  It doesn't differentiate between file types.

1.jpg

"Prompts" only suppress the messages that precede the check-in/out dialogues. 

2.jpg

I'd suppress the check-in dialogue if it's bugging you, but it'll suppress all check-in dialogues, not just parts.

Peter
Message 4 of 4
harrisons22K9B
in reply to: pcrawley

this is helpful in understanding what does what.

I ultimately turned everything off, and use the Vault Ribbon to Check In Files.  Will play with settings in the coming weeks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report