Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Pictures 08/15/20

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
leowarren34
686 Views, 9 Replies

Friday Pictures 08/15/20

Neutral_banner (1).png

Happy Friday Everyone! (Even though it's Saturday for me)

This week has not been too productive in terms of CAD, the weather has been well over 30c for more than half of the week which for a Brit like me is too hot to be productive (I'm used to the rain), on the plus side getting outside and chilling in the garden has been nice.

However, I did find a little gem in my files that I thought I would share - definitely more of a concept design than something I'd make. Mechanical Project - 1st Year 3D Design

Lamp.png

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
lena.talkhina
in reply to: leowarren34

Hello @leowarren34 !

So happy to see we still posting our friday pictures! Even when @-niels-  on his vacation.

And great lamp! I would buy on of these!😀

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Message 3 of 10
-niels-
in reply to: lena.talkhina

Yes, thank you @leowarren34  and @Bill_Bogan2 for posting the topic.

(and using the logo 😎)

My vacation is over (😒), so i'll pick it up again this Friday.

Expect something 3D printing related, as that's all i used Inventor for during my vacation. 😄

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 10
lena.talkhina
in reply to: -niels-

Welcome back @-niels- !

Hope your vacation was amazing.

3D printing is always interesting to see. Can't wait until Friday!

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Message 5 of 10
jtylerbc

@leowarren34 wrote:

This week has not been too productive in terms of CAD, the weather has been well over 30c for more than half of the week which for a Brit like me is too hot to be productive (I'm used to the rain), on the plus side getting outside and chilling in the garden has been nice.

Southern US here.  It's been almost two weeks since I've seen daytime temperatures that low, so I'm mildly jealous.

I was outside doing work as part of a cleanup/renovation project on a family member's property over the weekend.  Actual temperature was 96°F (35.5°C), with a heat index of 108°F (42°C), and some of that time I was up close to a rather large fire, burning scrap lumber and brush.  It was not pleasant.

Message 6 of 10
Casey.P

I posted this a few weeks ago to help someone on another forum post, but I wasn't quite happy with what I posted originally. I went back today and used a different appearance for the liquid, and I could not be happier with my first ever free form model!

I think I'll have to try my hand at more free form modeling in the future.Water.JPG

Message 7 of 10
-niels-
in reply to: Casey.P

@Casey.P  Lol, that reminded my of this "thing" on thingiverse. 😄

I guess i would've tried doing something like that with 3DS Max's fluid simulation, but not sure if i would've gotten such a nice result as that takes more effort to set up and a lot of computation.

Nice work!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 8 of 10
Casey.P

@-niels- ,

Ha, that's awesome! I think you just gave me a funny Christmas gift idea for my wife.

I've never had a chance to use 3DS Max...I would love to tinker around with it, but I don't think I'll have the chance in my line of work.

Message 9 of 10
lena.talkhina
in reply to: Casey.P

Great work @Casey.P ! Water looks like real!

Thanks for sharing it here.

Message 10 of 10
lena.talkhina

@-niels- wrote:

@Casey.P  Lol, that reminded my of this "thing" on thingiverse. 😄

Ohh, that little small duck inside 😍

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report