Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fork Pockets in Lifting Frame.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
894 Views, 6 Replies

Fork Pockets in Lifting Frame.

Been having a crack at this in my spare time for a while now, nothing I could find seems to help;

I want to put a generic cut-out in some various sized Lifting Frames for a channel fork pocket. The frames are modelled using the frame generator. The quickest and simplest way I've found is to simply do a sketch on a bottom rail face, at assembly level, and extrude as a cut to the opposite bottom rail face. That also gives me quick and easy control of size, spacing etc.

I have gone down the path of an ifeature in the bottome rail etc. All more cumbersome than that detailed above.

Would be great if I could just insert a generic sketch into the assembly, and extrude, rather than having to reproduce the sketch each time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mpatchus
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have a picture of what this feature should look like on a finished frame?

Might be enough to stimulate somebody's imagination.  Smiley Wink

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 7
mpatchus

Just a thought....

Add centerlines to your skeleton where you want the slots to be located.

Add the proper size frame members to those slot centerlines. (Shown in RED)

Notch the base members with the slot members.

Suppress the slot members.

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mpatchus

Exactly how it looks Mike!

Problem being I actually use those centrelines to insert the channel. All frame parts then write back to my BOM.

Suppressing the channels may not work. Let me get my head around what you are doing for a moment 😉

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
mpatchus

Create a NEW CC family with the BOM set to REFERENCE (we also have the color set to RED so they visually stand out from other steel members).

Use that family to insert the fork members.

Since they are set to reference, they will not appear in your PARTS LIST.

We do that here for Vendor supplied steel.

We can then choose to show the items as phantom on the drawing, or suppressed as we need.

Inventor 2025 Beta

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mpatchus

Thanks Mike; good idea.

I'll give that a go when I get a spare moment.

Kind regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report