Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hangs on startup

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
373 Views, 5 Replies

Hangs on startup

Hi I am running an Autodesk suite and none of the programs will start up. They just hang on the start up window. It has done this since I installed and have latest updates (not sp2 for inv pro though). The strange thing is if  I reboot, the programmes will start up but only if i do so in a small window of time, say 2 minutes??? any ideas? Dont really want to have to reboot everytime I want to start inventor profesional.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to give us more precise details.  Like what Autodesk suite, what version of the software, what is your OS?  Graphics Card?  Ram?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Mark. The suite is Product design suite ultimate 2016, Windows 10, 16 gig ram, Intel core i7, and Nvidia geforce graphics card. When I do start up the program as soon as I reboot, it runs pretty smoothly compared to my older vaio, but I am vexed as to why my older laptop would start up any of the programmes without any problems (albeit a lot slower). Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Message 4 of 6
ChrisMitchell01

Since you mention that it will start within a small wondow after reboot it sounds like it's conflicting with some other service, which starts after reboot. What other services do yo uhave running ? Virus checkignn perhaps ? What about integrations to other online storage solution such as Box ? There is a known problem with older versions of the Box client.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I'm running Norton antivirus if that's what you mean Chris? But I have made sure that all elements are trusted by the firewall and in fact the issue predated norton install. I don't have box and again the problem predated any cloud services I use. Could it be preinstalled bloatware on my system perhaps? I may have to strip my system down to bare minimum but it seems a long way of doing it.
Message 6 of 6
ChrisMitchell01

Perhaps it would be easier to watch what services start within that 2 minute window after reboot ?

If Inventor starts up initially, then does it make a difference if you disable MyHome, (Tools App Options General tab).

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report