Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expose the Wires from an Inventor Cable, Linked from ACADE

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
petestrycharske
711 Views, 0 Replies

Expose the Wires from an Inventor Cable, Linked from ACADE

All,

Good morning!  Last night, with the help of Autodesk Twitter Help (great job over there!) I was able to figure out how to link AutoCAD Electrical cables with Inventor cables.  However, now I've run into a potential hangup.  When I build a harness inside of Inventor I can go back and create a parts list of the harness assembly and it will show me all the wires and lengths that comprise the harness.  If I use a cable, however, I only get the length of the longest wire in the cable and no wire information in the Parts list.  I've also tried to export a harness report, but even that doesn't list the wires...

It looks like this may be an Inventor structure issue, as I noticed that the cable is actually a virtual part within the assembly.  That may just limit me to the cable data, but I thought I'd reach out and see if there is a way to still get a wire table of the parts list?  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report