Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPORT XLS TABLE TO PDF - Inventor 2018 problems

64 REPLIES 64
SOLVED
Message 1 of 65
marcin_bargiel
3412 Views, 64 Replies

EXPORT XLS TABLE TO PDF - Inventor 2018 problems

I've found problem with export to pdf -  drawing with Excel table where is VERTICAL text.

Please look at exported pdf - inventor 2017 and exported pdf made by inventor 2018.

I tried with Excel 15 and Excel ver 16 (2013 & 2016) - the same WRONG results...

Vote for REPLACE VARIES !
REPLACE VARIES
64 REPLIES 64
Message 61 of 65

Hi Marcin,

The defect, INVGEN-34035 has indeed been fixed on 2020.3 update. Please install it on top of 2020 and you will see the better pdf quality (see attached file). You are right, the fix was not available on 2021 RTM build. But, it will be on 2021.1 update (not 2021.0.1 update). I am very sorry for the delay.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 62 of 65

Do You know release date of 2021.1 ?   I rather can't convert my files to inv 2020 right now...

Thank You

REPLACE VARIES
Message 63 of 65

Hi Marcin,

Usually, the .1 update would be delivered in June or July. I believe you want the fix sooner. I am not sure if there will be a 2021.0.2 before .1 is available. I need to check with the project team. Just for reference, the issue we are discussing is INVGEN-34035, which has been fixed on 2020.3 update and the coming 2021.1 update.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 64 of 65

Finally (on realese 2021.1) export xls table to pdf works GOOD !

Autodesk developers please DO NOT BROKE THIS WITH THE NEXT UPDATES 🙂

Thank You !

REPLACE VARIES
Message 65 of 65

Hi Marcin,

Many thanks for confirming! I am very sorry that it took a while to sort things out. Indeed, like you mentioned and observed, from time to time we do screw up. A well-intended fix can introduce damaging behavior that surprises us. For every regression, we do rigorous investigation to prevent it from happening again (adding automation tests, changing processes, and tightening code review procedure). However, I would be lying if I claimed that we were bug-free, regression-free. Regardless, we do try our best to fix it, which is something I can guarantee.

Thanks again!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report