Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPORT XLS TABLE TO PDF - Inventor 2018 problems

64 REPLIES 64
SOLVED
Message 1 of 65
marcin_bargiel
2974 Views, 64 Replies

EXPORT XLS TABLE TO PDF - Inventor 2018 problems

I've found problem with export to pdf -  drawing with Excel table where is VERTICAL text.

Please look at exported pdf - inventor 2017 and exported pdf made by inventor 2018.

I tried with Excel 15 and Excel ver 16 (2013 & 2016) - the same WRONG results...

Vote for REPLACE VARIES !
REPLACE VARIES
64 REPLIES 64
Message 41 of 65
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you sir.

FYI...File, Print, "Microsoft Print to PDF" works perfectly with excel charts that have rotated text.  It's just exporting to pdf that is the issue.

Thanks

Message 42 of 65
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Correct
Message 43 of 65
marcin_bargiel

What of it ?  exporting work with many other virtual printer ... but this in NOT convenient !  especially if have many sheets/drawing.

I hope developers in the next version will correct this problem

REPLACE VARIES
Message 44 of 65
marcin_bargiel

What of it ?  exporting work with many other virtual printer - but this in NOT convenient !  especially if have many sheets/drawing.

I hope developers in the next version will correct this problem

REPLACE VARIES
Message 45 of 65

I'VE just installed update 2018.2.3,  nothing has changed in this case.

GREAT job - thank You for doing NOTHING !!!

REPLACE VARIES
Message 46 of 65

Hi Marcin,

I am sorry that you thought the issue was resolved on 2018.2.3. But, I do not recall there was any document showing that the defect was fixed. I just check the status of INVGEN-4467. It is still unresolved. I am not sure how you got the impression that it would be resolved there. Please feel free to contact Autodesk Product Support to escalate the issue. The forum is mainly for discussion purpose. If you do have business critical issues to resolve, the best way is to contact Autodesk Product Support and report a case.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 47 of 65

i confirm it works finally in inv 2019 Beta2 ! but not sure about next update 2018...

REPLACE VARIES
Message 48 of 65

Hi Marcin,

I am glad that you see the issue has been addressed. But, please avoid discussing activities within Beta site in public including fixes.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 49 of 65

Unfortunately - after the last update, there was again a problem with exporting files containing tables from xls to pdf. Gentlemen, how do you do it?

It's impossible to work, generating pdf is of tragic quality !

When will it be fixed?
Can I uninstall the last update and how?

@johnsonshiueplease help asap.
REPLACE VARIES
Message 50 of 65

Hi Marcin,

I am not aware of a systematic issue like this. Did you install 2019.4 update followed by 2019.4.2 update?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 51 of 65

I sad, the latest update, as far as i know the latest is Inventor 2020.1.1 Update -  not 2019 ! I install all updates on a regular basis, the problem occurred in 2 workstations

REPLACE VARIES
Message 52 of 65

Hi Marcin,

If possible, do you mind starting a new thread? Recycling the same thread is very confusing. It sounds like there might be a new issue on 2020.1.1 but I have not heard about it. You mentioned that it happened on two machines. Does it mean some machines do work but some don't?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 53 of 65

2 machines, it's means that for sure, problem is with update 2020.1.1,  on both machines after this update, exporting to pdf is very bad quality. I have third machine without update and there is OK.

I don't want to start new thread, it is possible to change this name?

Can i uninstall last update?  if not maybe I will add this to idea station, so next time when i install new update i will have option to roll it back 🙂

REPLACE VARIES
Message 54 of 65

Hi Marcin,

You can certainly roll back the update. Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Show Installed Updates -> uninstall 2020.1.1. If possible, please share an example so we can take a look. Or, point me to an example you already posted.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 55 of 65

Thank's Johnson

I uninstalled 2020.1.1 and problem was the same, i uninstalled update 2020.1 and now the problem is gone !

One more thing - problem with exporting to pdf is mainly when XLS table was resized.

I attach my files, made in two versions.

REPLACE VARIES
Message 56 of 65

will this problem in 2021 be finally solved? I've already lost my patience ...

thank's

REPLACE VARIES
Message 57 of 65

Hi Marcin,

I just tried it on the latest internal build. The behavior seems to be the same as 2020.2. I did verify that the exported PDF from 2020 RTM build looked nicer but the file size was bigger. I need to check with the project team. 

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 58 of 65

Please try this also --> when You insert xls table to dwg, then resize it manually, then try to export to pdf, it will be tragic quality...:/

REPLACE VARIES
Message 59 of 65

Hi Marcin,

I just got the confirmation from the project team that a fix has been submitted and targeting 2020.3 update. I will verify the fix on our internal build and report my findings. I can share the "fixed" PDF file as a proof.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 60 of 65

Johnson, You promised that You verify the fix on internal build and report your findings. You promised sharing the "fixed" PDF file as a proof.  HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ?

Your project team provide you with false information and all of us, I have version 2021 with the latest updates.

When i sending the drawing to my client, what should I tell him? Autodesk can't fix pdf generation for several years !!!? why such tragic quality? what should i say ? Should I resign from your services?

Why You develop new versions, new enhancements (which sometimes generate problems...)  etc. but can't REPAIR old problems ?

I can't understand who is responsible for this?

Please find attached generated pdf.

REPLACE VARIES

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report