Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Dimensions different than part Dimensions???

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
706 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Dimensions different than part Dimensions???

For some reason the dimensions generated in the drawing file are different than the part file on one cut. This isnt a tolerance or rounding error. The rest of the parts dimensions pulled in the drawing are correct. Thanks ! Inventor dimension.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click on your drawing view and hover over General Dimension Type >.  Which one is checked, Projected or True?

Can you post your part and drawing?  What version of Inventor are you using?

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2018.1.2
Vault Workgroup 2018.0
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1

Message 3 of 5
Xun.Zhang

Hi,

It seems works well in my end with a sample file, is there any difference between my data and yours? if so, would you mind send the data to me for a further debugging to see how it happens like this in your side.

Untitled1.pngUntitled.png

Xun
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

It was projected. Ive never changed those settings. Im not sure why it changed? Changing back to True solved the problem. Thanks so much. I would have never looked there. 

Ross 

Message 5 of 5
SBix26

Projected is almost always the correct one to use, and certainly should be the default.  When you're looking at a view with features at different depths, the True dimension will be misleading at best, or just plain wrong.  For instance:

Projected - True.png

The view to the right (3rd angle projection!) is set to True, which is not the least bit helpful and could end up with a scrap part.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2018.1.2
Vault Workgroup 2018.0
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report