Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Drawing Orientation Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joachimeng
263 Views, 4 Replies

Detail Drawing Orientation Error

I tried creating a detail drawing of a 3D model but the top, right, and isometric views seems to be inverted. How do I fix this? Please refer to the screenshot for clarity.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chenj
in reply to: joachimeng

Hi, you can try switching the projection type,"First Angle" or "Third Angle".

chenj_0-1640143785141.png

Message 3 of 5
joachimeng

Hi @chenj , thank you. It's working fine. However, I like to ask how do set it as default so I do not have to change it everytime

Message 4 of 5
Gabriel_Watson

1) Edit your drawing template file directly and save the style changes, then save the drawing template.
2) After you modify the style to a different angle of projection as mentioned above, go to Manage > Save (styles), right there next to the bigger "Styles Editor" button. This will make sure the changes are also done to your Design Data for the project, so those will not clash with the newly changed templates.
You will need write permissions to edit the styles templates in your library, so make sure this change is vetted by everyone using it.
Message 5 of 5
chenj

Before saving a style, you need to set "use style library" as "read-write" in the Project dialog box.

chenj_1-1640220176281.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report