Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw Hatch is : (

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ferrisb
386 Views, 4 Replies

idw Hatch is : (

Inv2022.2

Is there a setting to make the Default hatch angle NOT be horizontal or vertical?

Or to have hatch off by default?

The horizontal & vertical hatch can imply that an edge is there which is not the design intent I wish to convey : )

Yes, we laser, CNC, water jet & 3D print most things anyways, but if I'm going to make a drawing, it may as well clearly & accurately convey info from 1 party to another, @ least that's what I was taught : )

Default on view creation.... (hatch shown blue)

& Happy Tuesday All!

ferrisb_1-1640102837824.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gcoombridge
in reply to: ferrisb

Not at my computer but you can edit the hatch by double clicking and change the angle. Turning them off can be done on one of the view dialogue box tabs

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 3 of 5
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: ferrisb

If you prefer hatching OFF, right-click the section view and Edit:

Galaxybane_0-1640120518980.png

Or if you prefer changing angles, edit your styles (remember to save your style changes to your library if you wish other drawings to comply to the same standard):

Galaxybane_0-1640120351735.png

Message 4 of 5
ferrisb
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

Thanks @Gabriel_Watson 

I think the 2nd option in your reply about editing the styles is the one for me.

My company has the styles editor pretty locked down, but I'll make that change once I get some CAD admin rights : )

For now, I might do some iLogic to turn off all hatch.

-thanks again!

Message 5 of 5
ferrisb
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

Option 2 works great, thanks!

Doesn't seem to update the hatch in already created views, but still, this will work just fine moving forward.

ferrisb_0-1640210321320.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report