Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Section reporting overall length instead of unit QTY

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
henryjoseph9804
459 Views, 10 Replies

Custom Section reporting overall length instead of unit QTY

Hi everyone,

Need some help please, so I know that traditionally if you use a CC section it will give the total length of all the same length items in the assembly under the 'QTY" Column. Whereas if you use a nut or bolt etc. it will give you the qty of the items in the qty column.

I have used a CC section in my assembly but used it as a custom piece and not a standard, how do I get it to show the total units of the section used in the assembly and not the total length of all the units added together.

henryjoseph9804_0-1685431068796.png

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

In the Part file, do this and select Each:

EdvinTailwind_0-1685432376014.png

Message 3 of 11

LOL @EdvinTailwind , thank you so much you're a champion!

You've been consistently assisting me with my problems, it is truly appreciated.

Message 4 of 11

Unfortunately it isn't updating my BOM or showing the QTY in a new BOM, any idea why?
Message 5 of 11

In the BOM (not Parts List), make sure the file is marked correctly:

EdvinTailwind_0-1685434350400.png

And in the Parts List, make sure the Quantity field isn't manually set, eg Static Value (blue text in blue frame).

Message 6 of 11

Please see below item 1 - 

henryjoseph9804_0-1685435304931.png

Message 7 of 11

Also in Parts list there is no 'Static Value'
Message 8 of 11

That's odd... 

I'd actually advise you to restart Inventor, it usually helps when it behaves strange. If it doesn't help, could you upload the faulty part here?

Message 9 of 11

I agree, when you mentioned where to change the G_L to 'Each' it made so much sense, so I thought it would work.

I have restarted IV and unfortunately no change.

Please see attached for the part in question.

Message 10 of 11

The quantity turns out fine when I test this part in an assembly (using Inventor 2023.2). 

How about trying Manage -> Rebuild All in the assembly?

Message 11 of 11

Hah! You absolute beauty, rebuild all immediately fixed it. Thanks so much for the assist!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report