Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Drawing View - Add to Marking Menu

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
526 Views, 4 Replies

Create Drawing View - Add to Marking Menu

I want to add the Create Drawing View function to my Marking Menu.

I have managed to do this, but the function is "greyed out" when I attempt to use it.

Is the only way to invoke the command to RMB on the file name in the browser and select "Create Drawing View" ?

How do I sucessfully use it from the Marking Menu?

TIA.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
salariua
in reply to: Anonymous

Seems to be a bug.

At first, I thought you need to have an active selection for the command to work but it doesn't, however, it does work when I invoke the preset shortkey ALT+C with or without an active selection.

I would start using the shortcut, it's faster anyway, but good point and hope they get it fixed.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! The "Create Drawing View" command you add to the Marking Menu is actually for Presentation environment only. This is why it is disabled in other documents. Indeed, currently there isn't a way to launch the Create Drawing View in Marking Menu as in browser right-click context menu when a part or an assembly is selected. One thing you may consider is to add "New" command to the Marking Menu. It will bring up the template dialog and you can select the drawing template. The base view will default to the last active component document.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I'd rather use the functionality in the Marking Menu than have a 'work around' which does not really do the same thing.

I thought the whole point of the Create Drawing View was to be able to create a drawing from the model you had open and save time rather than adding more mouse clicks.

Thanks for your input.

Message 5 of 5
inchul.lee

What @johnsonshiue meant is that the command you chose is actually a presentation command and that's why it's grayed out in a part or assembly environments.

2017-07-17_1735.png

It's different from 'Create Drawing View' which can be run by right-click in the browser or Alt+C.

2017-07-17_1746.png

I do understand your intention and how having the command in the marking menu can help your design routine. You may consider adding the idea in the Inventor IdeaStation to gather support from users who have a similar request.

Inchul Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report