Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MikeKovacik4928
294 Views, 5 Replies

Content Center

Hi all

I have never used content center once in the 9 years I have been using inventor.

I do use what is in them, I just save them as custom and put them into my own library directory.

What else is the content center used for besides frame generator?

Has anybody found the content center useful and for what?

Mike Kovacik

Inventor 2018

Joburg

South Africa

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @MikeKovacik4928,

The Content Centre is the location where standard parts are kept such as fasterners, bearings, tube & pipe etc. If it's a common standard part there's a good chance it will be in there. Saves you alot of time modelling screws and washers etc and it also makes placing the parts in as parts like bolts can have their size selected based on the diameter of the hole you've selected to put the bolt in. Also has a search and filter tool so you can look for parts with specific features such as diameter or length.

It's also a place where businesses can place any of their standard parts in their own custom libraries.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Leo

I realise what content center is

My question was obviously unclear.

Let me reword

I use content center to download standard parts using the "as custom" option

to my own library

How many people use the "as standard" option,  and why do they use the "as standard" option?

I believe  that Frame Generator can only use parts stored in the "content center"  itself??

What other reasons for using the "as standard" option.

In what way is it beneficial compared to the "as custom" option

Mike

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MikeKovacik4928

As Standard = It uses the copy in the library content center folders - it is/was created only once and it re uses that instance over and over. You cannot modify it iproperties

As customized = it copies the CCpart to you project folder, but it does so in each project were you use it. You can edit it's iproperties

Frame generator, but also Tube and Piping use the content center.

Message 5 of 6
MikeKovacik4928
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks

I copy to a library directory I have created, that library directory is pathed into my ipj file.

Which do you prefer using, or do you use, As Standard or As Customised.

What do you see as the advantages/disadvantages of each

Mike

Message 6 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: MikeKovacik4928

At my last job, I created an entire custom library of the standard fasteners that we used or might use, with filenames, descriptions and part numbers to our specifications.  This made placement of fasteners a very simple process, particularly with the Autodrop function: choose the hole, Inventor chooses the next smaller thread size, you drag the length in the allowable increments, done.  Of course, this doesn't work for every situation, but 90% of the time, I think.

Too, the save location for those fasteners was in a common location (Vault), so everyone shared the same screw models.  Worked very well, much better than downloading models from a vendor.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.0.1 | Windows 10 Home 1903
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report