Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete Route Segment from Pipe and Run

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1660 Views, 4 Replies

Can't delete Route Segment from Pipe and Run

Hi,

I am unable to delete any Segment from a specific Route, the "Delete" option is not there in the menu when I right click the segment after editing the Route.

I am using Inventor 2022, is this a bug or do I need to do special steps to be able to delete the Segments without deleting the entire Run.

Thanks

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
A.Acheson
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes this is a bug that will happen on any fitting/ route segment in tube and pipe. It normally happens if you copy a fitting and reuse instead of using place fitting. It is normally resolved by doing a component replace of another fitting then the delete shows up and then you can delete. Not sure what is happening here? Have you deleted the route and the pipe segments stayed behind? 

I use an iLogic rule to delete these troublesome parts, less clicks than component replace and sometimes parts fail to replace.

You can use an iLogic rule to delete the pipe segment occurence. The selection tool will allow you to pick the part and then when you press esc you can delete the part. Be careful as  there is no built in cancel button. Save before you run the rule and pick the level you want to be, in this case a run. You can undo the change with the undo button. 

To use copy and paste the rule to ilogic editor either internal or external. Use internal to get you going fast.

https://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/11/do-selection-from-ilogic.html

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 5
gcoombridge
in reply to: Anonymous

I encounter this regularly... I just save, close Inventor and open the assembly again. Tube and Pipe seems to be quite resource intensive because it uses so much adaptivity. I find the same issue with replacing content centre items in a run - I can usually do half a dozen and then have to restart the application.

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: A.Acheson

You are correct, I deleted the route and the pipe segment stayed behind.
The iLogic code did the trick!

Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: gcoombridge

Unfortunately in my case restarting Inventor didn't work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report