Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection Fails to create hole in all parts

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
RogerTheShrubber
730 Views, 8 Replies

Bolted Connection Fails to create hole in all parts

I am bolting a plate to a frame assembly using Bolted Connection.   There are multiple holes in the plate already so I am using the concentric option.  The bolted pattern spans multiple frame members of the frame assembly.  The holes created by BS propagate only to one frame member, not the others.  The frames member getting the holes always corresponds to the mating member of the first selected hole when defining the BC. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Capture.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello @RogerTheShrubber initial question, what version are you running and do you have all of the current updates applied?

Are the parts derived from the same base part?

Bolted Connection Generator Through Multiple Parts

Bolted Connection Generator Through Multiple Frame Generated Parts

Bolted Connection Problem

If you want to attach your assembly or dummy representation with Pack & Go as .zip that would be helpful to inspect further to see what is going on.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 9

I am using Inventor 2018 but this is not a new problem. I commented on it years ago here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/bolted-connection-holes/m-p/5155339

Open file: Electrode Rack Copy.iam

Message 4 of 9

@RogerTheShrubber I have not had this problem so I'm not sure how to reproduce it without supplied parts.

I don't see any attached examples in either thread.

If you are trying to attach ElectrodeRackCopy.iam we need all of the parts as well.

Instead you can use Pack & Go to attach an example of the behavior. That would be extremely helpful to document for the development team to investigate.

Also, not sure why POSSIBLE SECURITY RISK: popped up before your Subject Title, that is somewhat disconcerting.

You can also document what you are experiencing with screencast.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 9

It's in there:
[cid:image001.jpg@01D3CC17.EE5BE3F0]
Message 6 of 9

@RogerTheShrubber I'm not sure if you're trying to respond via email, but you have to go to the forum directly to post files, images, attachments, etc.

Please try again or reach out via Private Message for further instructions on how to achieve this.

Message 7 of 9

See attached

Message 8 of 9

And

Message 9 of 9

Hello

this is a known limitation of the Bolted Connection. BC can connect the same components only when you use the Follow pattern. It is no possible to connect different list of components by one BC.

Regards

Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report