Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bending round bar

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
7343 Views, 23 Replies

Bending round bar

Can you let me know if you can bend round bar from the content center or if I have to use a spine or loft command.  I have inventor premium and do not have the piping and tube option. 

thanks adria

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a tube rolled into a coil, is there any way to flatten this to get the tube length?
Message 22 of 24
blair

Did you try any of the posted methods in this thread?

Also a picture and/or the file would help as well. Also include which version release of Inventor you are using. 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I am on inventor 2017, the above method works fine for simple bends but i don't see how to use it on more complex parts. I uploaded an example of what I am talking about

Message 24 of 24
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I am on inventor 2017...

I recommend that you install the Updates for 2017.

If you are not concerned about Bend Allowance (material stretching as bent) you can set your Selection Filter to Sketch and then Measure the helix length.  If you are concerned with bend allowance then I would do a sample piece and calculate a constant factor to use to multiply the measured value.

Helix Length.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report