Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bending a tube

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
477 Views, 7 Replies

Bending a tube

Hello!

I am curious to find out if someone have time to help me out a little bit on the way to succes doing this part im trying to do atm.

Where would you start in a model like this, would u start of do a 2d sketch on the tube and then work your way, or you doing the model with a sweep interaction. Or u start of with the bend and work your way from there? I did manage to fix the circles kinda, but I think the bend part is the hard part?

So my question  if someone would like to give me a hint, or send me over a file so I can see how you suggest you would started this model. It is mm and not inches on the drawing.

Drawing.jpg

Best regards a curious Oskar

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Can you specify what version of INventor you are using so we can provide the correct file version to you...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
IgorMir

Hi Oskar,

I can offer you this model for review. Please see the attached. IV2010 file format.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Im using inventor professional 2016

Message 5 of 8
NigelHay
in reply to: IgorMir

Nice model. I follow all of the steps except the 'stitch surface', why was that necessary?

Message 6 of 8
IgorMir
in reply to: NigelHay

Hi Nigel,

That step was necessary to convert Surfaces to Solid but can probably be avoided. I am sure - there are some other ways to model that part. I just did it in a short span of time - that's why there might be some extra steps in it.

Cheers,

Igor.

@NigelHay wrote:

Nice model. I follow all of the steps except the 'stitch surface', why was that necessary?

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 7 of 8
PaulMunford

I would go for revolve and bend first. If that didn't work, then it would have to be a series of lofts..

Autodesk Marketing Manager D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr

Do you need it to "flex" in your models or will it always be in that exact same orientation/angle?

There was a neat "bellows" file posted on here a few years ago that would adapt as needed..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report