Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
391 Views, 2 Replies

ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

We just purchased new systems and the video card is an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro. It's handling 3-D very well but I'm having issues with dialog boxes and drop-down menus disappearing after a few seconds (in Inventor only). Also, I cannot install the drivers provided through Inventor's Help -> Graphics Drivers menu ("INF error - Video driver not found"), and Inventor says that the card is not certified, even though it's on the list. The driver that will not install is filename 6-4_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_31959.exe

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There may be a 'hotfix' on the autodesk
website relating to
this.

Nick
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There doesn't seem to be a hotfix for this problem. Has anyone else experienced disappearing dialog boxes, drop-down menus and RMB menus? They apear for a few seconds, then disappear. If I hover the mouse where they used to be, they will partially show up again and I can sometimes make a selection or click a button, but I usually have to start over and do what I'm trying to do quicker, before they disappear again. VERY annoying.

As for the driver certification issue... The latest driver from ATI is v7.2. It's working (other than the above mentioned issue) but Inventor says it's not certified. Inventor lists v6.4 as the certified driver. I've downloaded v6.4 from both Autodesk and ATI, and neither will install. It will extract and start the installation process, but then I get a dialog box that says:

SEVERE
INF file not found.

When I click OK it says (paraphrasing):

Unable to install video driver. Try installing a standard VGA driver before running setup.

I've wiped the computer of all ATI drivers and programs, going back to default drivers, but I still get the same error when I try to install v6.4

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report