Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/32 x 3/4 screw, Content Centre, a little overwhelming

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KnoizW
786 Views, 3 Replies

5/32 x 3/4 screw, Content Centre, a little overwhelming

I'm trying to find a screw,

5/32" x 3/4" Brass screw (doesn't actually have to be brass)

but I haven't a clue where to find it. Or would I need to make a custom one? I want it to look like the one I have attached.

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SharkDesign
in reply to: KnoizW

That would be in machine screws.

You can try clicking the filter and selecting the standard you want.

Use the search box.

Or if it doesn't exist you can make your own.

Find the family that is closest and then use this method to add it.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/add-new-beam-in-frame-generate/td-p/10632814

If you need brass, you can copy the family using material advisor at the top of the  content center window and choose brass.

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
Fouad-l

There is a huge amount of screws depending on each application, supplier or country. Usually, you can find the exact name & specification (Including which standard is : ANSI, ISO / DIN ...) on the screw box.

You can pick the most similar from content center & modify it without need to create it from scratch.

NIGPH416-HiRes.jpg s-l500.jpg

screws.PNG

FOUAD LATRACH - MECHANICAL ENGINEER - ELCHE - SPAIN.

Please use the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or KUDOS button if my Idea helped you to solve the problem.

ASUS ROG G703 : Windows 10 Pro - Intel i7 3.4 Ghz - 64 Gb RAM - 1.5 TB SSD - Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB.

Message 4 of 4
SBix26

5/32" (.156 in) is not a standard screw size in any system that I know of.  However, it is very close to a metric M4 size (.157 in), and just a bit smaller than a #8 (.164 in). 

The thread pitch is important— a #8 machine screw will likely have 32 threads per inch (thread pitch = .031 in = 0.79 mm), while a M4 machine screw will probably have a thread pitch of 0.70 mm = .028 in (~36.3 threads/inch).  While these numbers don't look like much difference, you will not be able to thread a machine screw very far into a nut or thread of a different thread system before it locks up.

If you really don't know whether it's inch or metric, then find a nut of a known size (#8 or M4) and see if it threads in easily.  Now you know...

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2022.1.1 | Windows 10 Home 20H2
LinkedIn
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report