Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-D Annotations from Sub Assemblies Not appear in Top Level Assembly DWFs

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RNDinov8r
504 Views, 3 Replies

3-D Annotations from Sub Assemblies Not appear in Top Level Assembly DWFs

So, something we are looking at doing, with the help of shared views, is reducing the number Assembly drawings to almost zero.  Right now, our assembly floor uses, almost exclusively the 3-D DWF we share on the AutoDESK viewer website. Right now, only customers get Assembly drawings in PDF format. WE supply a spare parts list. So, in theory, they don't need drawings to see what we condisder spare parts. All this to say, one thing we still rely on Assembly drawings for is critical notes or dimensions. For example if there is a torque spec for a screw, or a special adhesive that has to be use, it would be on the drawing. I know that if I put 3-D annotation notes into the assembly, if I share a view of just that assembly, The notes show up. However, if I put that assembly into an upper assembly, when I share the view of that upper assembly, the notes in the lower view don't show up. Am I missing something, or is this just a lack of functionality?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: RNDinov8r

Hi Chad,

I just ran a simple test on 2022. It seems to work with DWF. You may need to make sure the following option is turned on.

Open the assembly -> View -> Object Visibility -> check "Component 3D Annotation."

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
RNDinov8r

Thanks Johnson. isn't that usually the case...some box unchecked somewhere. 🤦‍:male_sign:

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi Chad,

It is not that apparent I have to admit. The reason why the option is turned off by default so that you don't see porcupine assembly due to MBD/3DA data in the parts.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report