Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022.5 error while opening assembly "File <filename> version <number> could not be located at the given path nor at ....

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
Jacob__with__a__k
1282 Views, 27 Replies

2022.5 error while opening assembly "File <filename> version <number> could not be located at the given path nor at ....

I guess this is the place to notify y'all of a reappearing bug that was noticed in inventor 2022 and fixed in version 2022.1/2023?

Issue almost exactly as described here: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/File-path-version-...

reappearing in Inventor Professional 2022.5 (issue not present in previous versions up to 2022.4)

Issue:

error while opening (sub) assembly/parts :

Jacob__with__a__k_0-1691757424537.png

"File <filename> version <version number> could not be located at the given path nor at <Filepath>"

-the file cannot be opened or edited, but subassemblies don't necessarily have the same issue and can be opened and edited

-the file is present at the given path, not checked out, not read only

-sometimes closing and reopening the file fixes the issue, but usually deleting and redownloading the file from vault is the only (known) fix

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Hi! As I mentioned earlier, the file seems corrupted. It looks like you are using Vault. Are you using Vault 2022 or 2023? Each Vault needs to be paired with the same version of Inventor. Vault 2022 + Inventor 2022.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 28

Ensure the accuracy of the file paths and confirm that the files are indeed present in the specified locations. Additionally, consider setting your project to the "default" within Inventor's Project Editor. This will help establish correct file linking and access.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 28

Hi, I'm using Vault Professional 2022.4.2 alongside Inventor Professional 2022.5
1 colleague who also did the update to 2022.5 has the same problem, the rest of our team is still working with 2022.4 and have not encountered this problem (yet)

as said:
-the file cannot be opened or edited
-the file is present at the given path, not checked out, not read only

The problem is that although it is "fixed" by closing en reopening, this doesn't prevent the issue from returning some time after.
This assembly is the basis from which we daily take copy designs, so if it is corrupt I would love to find a solution before even attempting an update and migration to 2023 or 2024.

any ideas to fix such a corrupted file?
and why does the error pop up in the first place? because the file is in fact located at the given path...
Message 5 of 28

This started happening a lot to me lately as well. I just updated from 2023.3.1 to 2023.4. Not sure if occured in 2023.3.1, but a lot of these in .4

Message 6 of 28

Hi Jorgen,

This is concerning. I am not aware of a bug leading to a corruption like this. A few things to check. Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Install the latest Inventor 2022 update and Vault 2022 updates (client and server).

Please make sure the following option is unchecked. Go to Windows Control Panel -> Region and Clock -> Region -> Administrative -> Change System Locale -> uncheck "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support."

Clean up %temp%.

Are these Vaulted files stored on a shared network drive as opposed to a Vault managed local folder on the desktop machine?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 28
blandb
in reply to: jorgen.bjornes

I started getting this a lot too. Trying to open a model from a drawing, or even going the other way where I just opened the model from the drawing and then if I right click on model name and stated open drawing it would throw the error message..

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 8 of 28

@johnsonshiue , thanks for reaching out.

-Windows and graphics drivers and Autodesk (2023) updates are super updated on my PC 🙂

-Beta Unicode was already unchecked (but current system locale is set to "Norwegian Bokmål")

-local workspace for vault is local on C drive

I usually clean temp folders often , but may be some weeks sice last time, so I'll clean them up now and report back if it happens again. 

Message 9 of 28

No joy.

Cleaned %temp% this morning, and now I got this again when opening a part from an assy:

jorgenbjornes_0-1696236326681.png

Editing in-place works fine. Saving-close inventor, open inventor assembly again - open part works fine.

(Note: I am on 2023.4)

Message 10 of 28

Hi @johnsonshiue !

Thanks for looking back to this issue!

Update on my side:

-I'm using Vault Professional 2022.4.2 alongside Inventor Professional 2022.5

rest of our team is using Inventor 2022.4 and have not encountered this problem (yet)

-latest windows updates are installed (Win10)

-option for unicode UTF-8 (Béta) is uncheked (local system set to Nederlands - Nederland, but working from Belgium)

-Local Vault workspace is on C-drive

-clearing temp folders made no difference...

I hope that the whole team won't get this problem after we all update to 2022.5 (vault and inventor)...

Message 11 of 28

Hi! Could you share the corrupted file with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com? I would like to understand the behavior better. Are you running any non-Autodesk Add-In like Auto Save?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 28

@johnsonshiue , I'm not quite sure what to send you. There is not ONE corrupted file, it happens om different models, but restarting inventor fixes the problem for a while, and I cannot force the error.

But one thing in common on the models with this issue is that they are heavily reused/copied with copy design. And that they are using skeletion modelling quite extensively. So all the parts I have seen this error appear on open are controlled somehow by a skeleton part.

Message 13 of 28

Hi Jorgen,

So the file has trouble opening in Inventor. But after restarting Inventor, the file can be opened? Then sending me the file does not matter indeed.

A few things to try. Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Install Inventor and Vault updates. After that, clear %temp%.

Lastly, try adding the following environment variable to see if it helps. Go to Windows Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables -> add "DYNAMIC_LOAD_APPLETS" and set it to 0. Restart Inventor. Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 14 of 28
dg2405
in reply to: jorgen.bjornes

Here we also facing this problem. We updated from 2023.3 to 2023.4. Definitly a bug!

Message 15 of 28

Hi Folks,

Indeed, this has been identified as a bug in Inventor, which has been reported as INVGEN-72927. We are working on a fix. Hopefully it will be available soon. I am very sorry for the confusion.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 16 of 28

Thanks for the update!
Message 17 of 28

It's been 3 months and still no fix? This is still happening to me almost daily. I don't mean to nag, but this is locking us out of our own files until it just "decides" to work again.

Message 18 of 28
dg2405
in reply to: johnsonshiue

When will this bug be fixed? It's very annoying...

Message 19 of 28
johnsonshiue
in reply to: dg2405

Hi! What release are you on? Based on our internal record, INVGEN-72927 has been resolved on 2024.2, 2022.5.2 and 2023.4.1 updates.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 20 of 28
dg2405
in reply to: johnsonshiue

We are on 2023.4.1 and the problem is still there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report