Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2022 Derived parts - Unable to toggle construction lines on or off.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
iUser
952 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor 2022 Derived parts - Unable to toggle construction lines on or off.

Hi all,

In Inventor 2021 we used to be able to derived a part's sketches and toggle lines from construction to solid and vice versa. Seems like in Inventor 2022 they have disabled this function. Can you please re-enable this? Now our current work-around is to create a new sketch and project those lines. Adding an unnecessary step...

iUser_0-1621816242202.png

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bradeneuropeArthur
in reply to: iUser

Hi @iUser 

bradeneuropeArthur_0-1621842421550.png

This is really no good situation I think!

What happens during migration?

This was possible in earlier releases of inventor and now not anymore.

Will this lead into problems when files are migrated with construction-lines into normal lines, I think YES.

@johnsonshiue Could you check with the team if this is the case:

• Migrated files giving error regarding this option removed.
  • If this can be given back to the users.

I really hope that Inventor 2022 will not give that much problems for users also regarding other changes!

Regards

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Hello,

Having similar issue with this and need some feed back as soon as possible. Our company uses this function all the time and has many files using this feature. we just recently updating to 2022 so it wasn't an issue until now. Please let me know if there is some feature check box we need to check. Thanks.  

Message 4 of 11
bradeneuropeArthur
in reply to: Anonymous

@johnsonshiue could you please check for a solution for all of us!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 11
nielsBY9GF
in reply to: Anonymous

Have the same problem, if someone has an solution it would be great.

Message 6 of 11
bradeneuropeArthur

I have real big problems with this change too.

• For migration planning we need to know what will happen during migration.
  • For new created files we need to make Users aware of this.

@johnsonshiue Could you please be so kind to help us with a solution.

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

yeah... wtf is up with this? BIG problem

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

2 months and not a peep, from @johnsonshiue or anyone at Autodesk? 

Message 9 of 11
iUser

@johnsonshiue or @Yijiang.Cai could you guys please have a look at this? Its starting to cause more and more issues and the work arounds are starting to cost us time and money. 

Message 10 of 11
bradeneuropeArthur

Please read this:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/derived-part-cant-change-line-types-from-sketches-i-pu...

Think that the issue has been taken serious now from the development team!

Thanks again @johnsonshiue for taking this serious!

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 11 of 11
Yijiang.Cai

@iUser , today I talked with @johnsonshiue about this issue, and Johnson is working with project team on it. 

@johnsonshiue , please feel free to share more details here if you have.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report